This page lists conferences at which TEI-related content appears regularly. No particular grouping is assumed at first, we'll see how this page develops. It seems that we may allow for less-formal details to appear here as well, so feel welcome to add to each section whatever you think others may like to know concerning these events.
Balisage: The Markup Conference
Annual. This is what Extreme Markup turned into.
Based in Montréal, Canada.
CLiP: Computers, Literature and Philology
Annual, with breaks. Moveable.
DHCS: Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and Computer Science
Annual. Past colloquia were hosted by the University of Chicago and Northwestern University.
The goal of the annual Chicago DHCS Colloquium is to bring together researchers and scholars in the Humanities and Computer Sciences to identify and explore new directions and perspectives for future research. The 2008 colloquium (http://dhcs.uchicago.edu) will be held at the University of Chicago from Nov. 1st – 3rd.
Annual. Moveable. Latest news to be found on the general page.
- http://www.dh2012.uni-hamburg.de/ – the Hamburg meeting, 2012
- https://dh2011.stanford.edu/ – the Stanford meeting, 2011
- http://dh2010.cch.kcl.ac.uk/ – the London meeting, 2010
- http://www.ekl.oulu.fi/dh2008/ – the 2008 edition
- http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dh2007/ – the 2007 meeting
DRHA: Digital Resources for the Humanities and Arts
Annual, based in Great Britain.
- http://www.drha2010.org.uk/ – 2010 Meeting
- http://www.dho.ie/drha2009 – 2009 Meeting
- http://www.rsd.cam.ac.uk/drha08/ – 2008 Meeting
- http://www.dartington.ac.uk/drha07/ – 2007 Meeting
ELPUB: Electronic Publishing
Linguistic Annotation Workshop (LAW)
Proceedings of LAW meetings can be found in the 'Workshop' section of the ACL Anthology.
LREC: Language Resources and Evaluation
Biannual. Moveable. See the individual homepages for electronic versions of the proceedings.
- http://www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2012/ – the 2012 edition
- http://www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2010/ – the 2010 edition
- http://www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2008/ – the 2008 edition
PALC: Practical Applications in Language and Computers
Biannual. It used to be "Practical Applications of Language Corpora". Based in Łódź, Poland.
TEI Conference and Members' Meeting
Watch the TEI News page for the latest info.
- The 2012 meeting: TEI and the C(r|l)o(w|u)d in College Station, TX
- The 2011 meeting: Philology in the Digital Age in Würzburg, Germany
- The 2010 meeting: TEI Applied: Digital Texts and Language Resources in Zadar, Croatia
- The '09 meeting: Text encoding in the era of mass digitization in Ann Arbor, MI
- The '08 meeting: TEI: Supporting Cultural Heritage Research in London
- The '07 meeting: TEI@20 – 20 Years of Supporting the Digital Humanities in College Park, MD
- http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/ – previous meetings, plus additional documents on the above meetings