These are tickets to be considered during the September 2012 Technical Council meeting in Oxford.
There are only SIX GREEN tickets still open on 15 sep 12. I don't think any of them needs any particular discussion at the meeting, unless the assignee wants to decline the honour, or report progress. Here's the list, just for completeness.
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3547934 184.108.40.206 needs repair (clarification of "chunks", "components", and
related terminology) - assigned to louburnard. Some comments on ticket. Revised wording to be drafted for mtg
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3540863 Names and Dates chapter does not mention calendar -
- assigned to jcummings
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3472477 AdBlock blocks 'msad' -
- assigned to martindholmes : requires action at next release to generate prefixed identifiers throughout text of GL
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3432216 i18n revision due -
- assigned to mholmes
There are only 19 AMBER tickets as of 15/09.
Of these, I think three are actually fairly clear and just need action: with a bit of tidying they could be green:
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3531957 allow a footer for a table
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3511398 Need to implement Schematron rules for attribute values
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/2834511 Add more elements to att.spanning with schematron constraint
Three further tickets indicate clearly enough for drafting purposes some places where clarifications and revisions to text of Glines are needed:
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3496949 Guidelines, p. 388 - "<wit>[unattested]</wit>" (bodard)
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3496958 Guidelines, p. 384 - number of <rdg> in <app> (bodard)
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3496494 make attributes @from and @to (as pointers) part of a class
And two more are concerned with some tweaking of current attribute classes -- they just need some careful fiddling about, but nothing controversial.
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3291540 att.editLike should not bring att.dimensions & att.ranging
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3284816 att.canonical for model.persTraitLike
Council probably needs to allocate time to discuss the following EIGHT tickets, where the action proposed is controversial or may be unnecessary. I've put them in (my perceived) descending order of priority.
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3440771 Multiple <geo> tags in <location> (rahtz)
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3439980 content model of <signed> (rahtz)
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3526114 add @type to msDesc
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3060867 Grouping traitlike, statelike, and eventlike elements
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3536363 rationalize content models of org and place (etc)
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3504690 floatingDiv proposal
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3439587 Problems introduced by content models of bibl and imprint (kshawkin)
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3555602 oddbyexample non-tei:TEI start (rahtz)
Which leaves just one ticket that seems to be concerned only with meta-issues (how to indicate deprecation, if we wish to discuss that)
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3376456 deprecate use of gram except as a child of gramGrp (kshawkin)
and two which are stuck, pending action elsewhere
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3423686 an <object> element
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3495987 members of model.respLike should be members of att.declarabl
And finally, there are 8 RED tickets as of 15/09
Two of these have had extensive discussion and clarification and I think should be recategorised as Amber. A both more discussion at the ftf, and I think these could both be resolved:
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3519866 @rend from data.word to text
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3416130 Allow certainty etc. inside milestoneLike elements
Hopefully the ISO meeting on 22 Oct will give some ideas for progressing the following two:
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/2724997 Cater for audio/video facsimile
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/2507305 Alignment and documentation of sound files
Unless anyone objects, I think this one can be closed
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3064757 XML construct encoding within Schematron
If there's anything further to be done here, it should be discussed when we review MH's update to TCW20 about schematron
Which leaves the following three definitely red, all of which are still in need of considerable amounts of work/discussion...
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3475007 New section on encoding text directionality
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3480650 @cRef is a mess
- http://purl.org/TEI/Bug/3413346 Deprecation of data.key and data.word attributes
I've now reviewed all the previously ungrouped tickets (apologies again for the delay) and made some tentative groupings of them, as indicated below.
Where I've marked something GREEN it's because I think I know what should be done, and it's clear, and the owner of the ticket should just go ahead and do it unless anyone on council calls foul. I've tried to add a comment clarifying what's to be done if it's not clear.
Where I've marked a ticket AMBER, I usually also have a clear idea of what should be done, but am (un)comfortably aware that other views exist. So Council needs to state firmly that it agrees with me (or of course, conceivably, the other guy) before this ticket can move to GREEN or (in most cases) be implemented. And of course there are some cases where I actually have no view at all, and it's still not clear what to do.
There are also a few RED tickets, where the issue lacks clarity, or requires lots of work before it is clear what actions are needed.
I've tried to group tickets by topic, on the assumption that we may want to tackle some of them in breakout groups.
Various bibliographic matters, proposals for change
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3555190 : Improve guidance and restrict usage of biblScope GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3553304 Add idno as child to biblFull GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3555191 New element <citedRange> for bibliography AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3513147 biblStruct for Patent citations AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3565878 where to put <idno> within <biblStruct>? AMBER
Ongoing activities for review
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3520704 : Most attributes lack good examples GREEN
Suggestions for new content models/elements/classes
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3565137 : reconsider membership or use of model.glossLike GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3561933 : Encoding of Standoff annotations AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3532022 : <lg> should be allowed in <p> AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3519806 : <name> should be a member of att.datable AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3523791 : an addition to <timeline> to record stretches of time AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3518932 : Use @range instead of abusing @from on <span> AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3523225 : New attribute @keepHyphen AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUG/3547289 : model.gramPart and <cit> AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3547558 : *Spec elements could have <keywords> or use @ana RED
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3561938 : New tag element for grouping elements RED
Revisions of the Guidelines documentation
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3565152 : reference application/tei+xml somewhere in the Guidelines GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3554294 : @xml:space GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3547869 : system entities vs. XInclude GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3539329 : Inconsistency in data.name GREEN (same as http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3511398)
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3520414 : Example does not conform with description in Core chapter GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3521714 : revise valList and valItem, revise ch. 22 accordingly GREEN
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3556778 : retaining punctuation marks in the text of a TEI document AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3515805 : confusing semantics of @ns AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3548625 : Extend the enumerated values for list/@type AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3521288 : Dead Link for http://www.ons.gov.uk/about-statistics/classif AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/FR/3522043 : Version numbers link to page about versions? AMBER
- http://purl.org/TEI/BUGS/3523082 : XPointer schemes may not nest, but see ch. 16 RED