Oxford2013-Actions2

From TEIWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Council Actions from November 2013 Oxford Meeting

A list of actions, those responsible, and what has been done about them from Oxford 2013 face to face meeting of TEI Technical Council


Actions for Brett Barney

Ticket Who What Result
Attributes without examples BB, RW BB and RW to turn into bug reports those attributes that are without examples that are high priority or need new/updated definitions.
BUG 563 inconsistent encoding of citations to sources of examples (AMBER open). Working group recommends ass... BB, EM, PS BB, EM, and PS to work on the ticket by mid-February 2014.
BUG 610 "lem" used in a confusing way in CriticalApparatus.xml (AMBER open). Action: BB to remove the last c... BB BB to remove the last clause of the sentence in question, beginning ", or to make clear". Done 2013-11-13
BUG 387 clarifying heading or title of a graphic (GREEN open). LB recently posted a comment approving of the... BB BB will implement the ticket. Done 2013-11-13

Actions for Lou Burnard

Ticket Who What Result
FR 457 : KH: In the ticket I want to clarify what you use tagUsage for and what to put in a project-specifi... KH, LB, JC KH, LB, and JC will review and make a recommendation to Council before the next face-to-face. KH emailed the others on 2013-12-26; LB updated ticket and emailed the others 2014-01-05
FR 453 a place for metadata that you can't fit into existing header elements AMBER open Discussion talks mo... MH, PS, LB MH will offer DC examples and PS will offer MARC examples. LB will pull them together into some text to be inserted into the Guidelines. Given this, Council will reconsider the feature request and whether to create the wrapper element. Added comment on ticket suggesting that the proposal seems doomed to be rejected; action to explain how to handle this situation in the Guidelines remains open.
FR 471 extend the possible usages of argument (AMBER open). (If the intended use case is encoder-supplied a... LB, MH New element <abstract> added; examples added . Done 2013-11-12
Pure ODD LB LB to add the new elements and the documentation ahead of the next release; documentation need only be at the element level, along with some brief introduction in the Guidelines, to be expanded to a full section later. First pass completed 2013-12-01
FR 443 @resp should be a member of att.global AMBER open. JC and SR: Global attributes should really not be... MH, LB MH and LB to agree on clarification to Guidelines to say that @resp means different things: responsibility for markup and content except when the element in question is a transcriptional element, in which case the content of the element is marked as coming from the source.
FR 366 rationalize content models of org and place (etc) (AMBER open). Group thinks a small group of people... JC, LB, SB JC to make ticket red, should stay with JC, and he should initiate the process, working with LB and SB.
FR 458 Make listBibl and model.biblLike member of model.personPart (AMBER open). Lou has already done items... LB close the ticket. Done
i18n: take forward updating translations


LB LB to testdrive the spreadsheet. Done
FR 482 The term strikes back - terminology chapter (AMBER open). The ISO is working on a standard for termi... LB, KH, SB LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integration of external standards and will generate a one-page proposal for this policy. This should be provided to Council ahead of the next teleconference. In addition, LB, KH, and SB will check with Laurent that he wants TBX incorporated into the Guidelines as is or kept in sync in the future and what he thinks about melding into the rest of the TEI Guidelines (in language, approach, element naming conventions) or keeping it self-contained. Kevin drafted a generic policy and circulated to Lou and Syd on 2013-12-26. Discussion of whether to incorporate TBX into the Guidelines is happening on ticket.
FR 480 Adding the @hand attribute to all (or most) text-containing elements (AMBER open). Breakout group wa... LB LB to respond to the ticket FR 480.
first draft of new Guidelines sections and questions [MH] MH summarized the genesis of this text from Providence. He noted that not only th... MH, LB Entire Council to (re)read MH’s draft before next face-to-face meeting. Once we’ve done that and agreed, someone will rewrite chapter 5 (WD) to include MH’s draft and the current section 10.6.6. LB volunteered.
BUG 548 use of modal verbs in Guidelines (AMBER pending-later). Already assigned to KH. RW agreed to help. I... KH, RW, LB KH and RW to create a new, detailed ticket with all questionable cases. In the meantime, LB will fix the edits that KH made at r12525. Commented out otiose paragraph.
BUG 468 Order of elements in publicationStmt (AMBER open-accepted). Group discussion: SB: Despite Lou’s comm... SB, LB SB will do the content model and LB will do the prose. They’ll work out the specifics. Emailed syd 2014-01-05
FR 469 add extent to att.dimensions (GREEN open). Agreed. Action: LB to provide an example in HD chapter (2... LB LB to provide an example in HD chapter (2.2.3) and close ticket. Done 2013-11-20
BUG 605 clarifying add vs. supplied and del vs. surplus (AMBER open). Action: HC to emend the prose of the p... HC, LB HC to emend the prose of the paragraph beginning "The add element should not be used" to reference the surplus element also; LB points out that the specList can't be modified, because supplied/surplus aren't defined in Core. Done, I think.
BUG 609 "lemma" used in a confusing way in CriticalApparatus.xml (AMBER open). Action: LB to remove the phra... LB LB to remove the phrase "on any one lemma" from the @varSeq description. Done, 2013-11-13
FR 461 Two small improvements to `recording` (GREEN open). Action: LB to do this by next teleconference.... LB LB to do this by next teleconference. Done 2013-11-13
FR 482 Earlier we decided:Action: LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integrat... LB, KH, SB LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integration of external standards and will generate a one-page proposal for this policy. This should be provided to Council ahead of the next teleconference. In addition, LB, KH, and SB will check with Laurent that he wants TBX incorporated into the Guidelines as is or kept in sync in the future and what he thinks about melding into the rest of the TEI Guidelines (in language, approach, element naming conventions) or keeping it self-contained. Kevin drafted a generic policy and circulated to Lou and Syd on 2013-12-26. Discussion of whether to incorporate TBX into the Guidelines is happening on ticket.
Correspondence SIG: SB, LB SB and LB would like to (re?-)join the task force. Council advises them to keep in mind the work by the Ontology/MS SIGs, in particular Torsten Schassan, on an ‘object’ or ‘objectDesc’ element.

Actions for Syd Bauman

Ticket Who What Result
FR 384 : In April RW made a spreadsheet showing which elements she recommends moving into att.typed. And in... SB, RW SB and RW will review the list again. SB sent e-mail to RW 2013-12-06, no response yet (2014-01-10); pinged again 2014-02-04.
FR 459 : This is just waiting for implementation.... SB SB will implement by end of January 2014. SB: if I understand ticket correctly, this was done along w/ 486.
FR 481 check that all sibling att.translatable elements have @versionDate (AMBER open). (Agreed that siblin... SB SB to check whether this is implemented, and if not, get it implemented then close the ticket. has now been implemented (twice, sort of); ticket closed
FR 468 : HC: precision expresses false precision that’s not real probability. It’s something more like cert... SB SB: when I checked this had already been done -- HC in r12606
FR 383 where to put idno within biblStruct? (AMBER open) This is one of three tickets where KH could not fi... KH, SB KH will create a new ticket pointing to this and the other two tickets with deprecation problems (as listed on the wiki) saying we need a way to deprecate members of content model and reassign to SB to solve the three tickets using a Schematron warning, and to add @validUntil on constraintSpec. This ticket reassigned to Syd, and new ticket created: https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/486/ .
FR 366 rationalize content models of org and place (etc) (AMBER open). Group thinks a small group of people... JC, LB, SB JC to make ticket red, should stay with JC, and he should initiate the process, working with LB and SB.
FR 482 The term strikes back - terminology chapter (AMBER open). The ISO is working on a standard for termi... LB, KH, SB LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integration of external standards and will generate a one-page proposal for this policy. This should be provided to Council ahead of the next teleconference. In addition, LB, KH, and SB will check with Laurent that he wants TBX incorporated into the Guidelines as is or kept in sync in the future and what he thinks about melding into the rest of the TEI Guidelines (in language, approach, element naming conventions) or keeping it self-contained. Kevin drafted a generic policy and circulated to Lou and Syd on 2013-12-26. Discussion of whether to incorporate TBX into the Guidelines is happening on ticket.
BUG 276 internationalisation links (AMBER open). Language links at bottom of a page should take you to same ... JC, SB JC to make Green and allocate to SB.
BUG 619 tei_allPlus.rng: conflicting ID-types for attribute "id" of element "partialdiff" from namespace "ht... SB SB to double-check whether able to reproduce and report back on ticket if able to. DONE. Tried both with Options > Preferences > XML > XML Parser > RELAX NG > Check ID/IDREF checked and unchecked against tei_allPlus.rng 2.5.0, and did not reproduce error.
BUG 288 deprecate use of gram except as a child of gramGrp (AMBER open-accepted). [This is pending creation ... SB SB to create the new ticket and write the Schematron for this particular deprecation. Elsewhere we decided that KH would create the new ticket, which he's done at https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/486/ . But SB still needs to solve this ticket.
BUG 468 Order of elements in publicationStmt (AMBER open-accepted). Group discussion: SB: Despite Lou’s comm... SB, LB SB will do the content model and LB will do the prose. They’ll work out the specifics. Content model checked-in w/ typo at r12736, fixed in r12748.
BUG 405 XPointer schemes may not nest, but see ch. 16 (AMBER open). Action: SB to fix documentation.... SB SB to fix documentation.
FR 482 Earlier we decided:Action: LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integrat... LB, KH, SB LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integration of external standards and will generate a one-page proposal for this policy. This should be provided to Council ahead of the next teleconference. In addition, LB, KH, and SB will check with Laurent that he wants TBX incorporated into the Guidelines as is or kept in sync in the future and what he thinks about melding into the rest of the TEI Guidelines (in language, approach, element naming conventions) or keeping it self-contained. Kevin drafted a generic policy and circulated to Lou and Syd on 2013-12-26. Discussion of whether to incorporate TBX into the Guidelines is happening on ticket.
FR 378 ; c.f. A Generic Formalism for Encoding Standoff annotations in TEI). Action: JC to ask Peter Stadle... JC, HC, SB JC to ask Peter Stadler if he’d like to attend as Council rep; otherwise any interested members of Council (HC,SB) are encouraged to attend virtually.
Correspondence SIG: SB, LB SB and LB would like to (re?-)join the task force. Council advises them to keep in mind the work by the Ontology/MS SIGs, in particular Torsten Schassan, on an ‘object’ or ‘objectDesc’ element.
BUG 525 citedRange and biblScope should share att class (GREEN open). SB admitted to sloth. Action: SB to co... SB SB to complete. done, at r12767

Actions for Hugh Cayless

Ticket Who What Result
Report on specification and estimated cost for XPointer resolver [HC/SB] HC HC to report on XPointer resolver and whether we should progress it. Draft GLs revision posted on GitHub
FR 465 : Gabby and HC seem to agree on it, and the example looks sensible. LB’s comment could be raised as ... HC HC will implement before end of January 2014. Done.
FR 384 that once 384 is implemented, we’ll add a note on att.typed reminding people that this is meant for ... HC, KH HC will implement [DONE]. KH will add a comment to FR 384 [DONE]. done during Council meeting
FR 462 idno@type='uri' for Linked Data AMBER open (We agreed. @type=”URI” alongside @type=”URL”) EM: The su... HC HC to implement this and close the ticket FR 462. Done.
FR 468 : HC: precision expresses false precision that’s not real probability. It’s something more like cert... HC HC to email TEI-L. FR implemented at meeting and email sent. No agitated (or indeed, any) responses.
Ideas on how to run an experimental TEI Hackathon [SR]


JC, HC, SR, EM JC to approach the DH 2014 committee and find out how they would prefer us to do it, and whether it’s a good idea; and tell the Board that HC, SR and EM are prepared to be involved in organizing this along with one or more Board members.
FR 212 Generic dating class (AMBER pending-accepted). Gabby claimed in 2011 that it’s done except needs som... HC, MH HC to investigate whether it’s actually been done. MH offered examples if needed. Gabby says the element/classSpecs were done, but corresponding prose was never added to the Guidelines. Opened a new bug #635 to address that.
BUG 605 clarifying add vs. supplied and del vs. surplus (AMBER open). Action: HC to emend the prose of the p... HC, LB HC to emend the prose of the paragraph beginning "The add element should not be used" to reference the surplus element also; LB points out that the specList can't be modified, because supplied/surplus aren't defined in Core. Done.
FR 378 ; c.f. A Generic Formalism for Encoding Standoff annotations in TEI). Action: JC to ask Peter Stadle... JC, HC, SB JC to ask Peter Stadler if he’d like to attend as Council rep; otherwise any interested members of Council (HC,SB) are encouraged to attend virtually.

Actions for James Cummings

Ticket Who What Result
FR 457 : KH: In the ticket I want to clarify what you use tagUsage for and what to put in a project-specifi... KH, LB, JC KH, LB, and JC will review and make a recommendation to Council before the next face-to-face. KH emailed the others on 2013-12-26.
FR 476 use of stage inside poetry, and using placement attribute (AMBER open). (Council agreed to @place; s... JC JC to close ticket FR 476 noting it has been resolved. Done
TEI Roma Replacement Specification JC: The existing Roma is dated and flawed, as we all know. Many tickets have come up which we cannot... JC ALL Council to go through the proposal again and discuss it, remembering to look at the comments, and further refine it. JC to make sure it’s tidied up. Deadline: next teleconference. Not finished.
FR 303 check the apache logs for frequent 404s (AMBER open). Action: JC to ask DS to make the TEI-C webserv... JC, MH JC to ask DS to make the TEI-C webserver logs available somewhere we can see them; then action on MH to write script to generate lists of bad links of various types. JC also to check google analytics/Webmaster tools. Deadline to report back by next conference call.
FR 305 Updating info on projects page (AMBER open). Project pages go out of date. There is a way to submit ... JC JC to ask DS to make that correction info available on each project page, along with its last-updated date if possible (and the latter should also show up on the bullet-point list).
FR 466 Make it possible to add SIG labels to tickets (AMBER open). Action: JC as SIG Coordinator to tell th... JC JC as SIG Coordinator to tell the SIGs that if they wish, we can make their SIG convener a developer on SF and make it possible to assign SIG labels to tickets. Deadline: next teleconference.
FR 366 rationalize content models of org and place (etc) (AMBER open). Group thinks a small group of people... JC, LB, SB JC to make ticket red, should stay with JC, and he should initiate the process, working with LB and SB.
Ideas on how to run an experimental TEI Hackathon [SR]


JC, HC, SR, EM JC to approach the DH 2014 committee and find out how they would prefer us to do it, and whether it’s a good idea; and tell the Board that HC, SR and EM are prepared to be involved in organizing this along with one or more Board members. Done
FR 264 altIdentifier in msPart (AMBER pending-accepted). Action: JC to change to Green and assign to himsel... JC JC to change to Green and assign to himself, then nudge Torsten for an example of an altIdentifier within an msPart. Done (awaiting example)
BUG 276 internationalisation links (AMBER open). Language links at bottom of a page should take you to same ... JC, SB JC to make Green and allocate to SB. Ticket Implemented by SR; Closed.
BUG 515 Bad example of feature/​@fVal (AMBER open). [Change this to RED as it’s not clear what needs changin... JC JC to check that’s been changed to RED [DONE]. Done
BUG 582 Need for consistency in terminology relating to TEI conformance (AMBER open). Working group: Agreed ... JC JC will create a ticket to reconsider the discussion of “conformable” and “conformant” in the Guidelines.
BUG 601 att.patternReplacement/@matchPattern should be XPath regex, not XML Schema (AMBER open). Action: JC ... JC JC to close as a dupe of FR 432. Done
FR 460 Use of geogFeat in transcription? (GREEN open). Ok. Action: JC to do it before next teleconference.... JC JC to do it before next teleconference. not done
FR 474 add an exemplum for @ref (GREEN open). Action: JC to poke JC; deadline by next teleconference.... JC JC to poke JC; deadline by next teleconference. Done
FR 475 Stop using attributes to store space-delimited values (GREEN open). Nothing wrong with space-delimit... JC JC to Close as Closed-rejected. Done
FR 401 extend and clarify use of particDesc and settingDesc (GREEN open). JC admits sloth and will implemen... JC JC to implement before next teleconference; Council decides it might be better to add these (model. Done
FR 378 ; c.f. A Generic Formalism for Encoding Standoff annotations in TEI). Action: JC to ask Peter Stadle... JC, HC, SB JC to ask Peter Stadler if he’d like to attend as Council rep; otherwise any interested members of Council (HC,SB) are encouraged to attend virtually. Done
BUG 229 Check desc of all xs:anyURI atts for in-doc restrictions (GREEN pending). We got rid of data.code al... JC JC to check prose discussion all xsd:anyURI attributes by next teleconference. pending
BUG 336 AdBlock blocks 'msad' ID (GREEN pending-later). Per last comment, time has passed and nothing else h... JC JC to close ticket. Done
BUG 587 Guidelines version info on pages should link better (GREEN open). Action: JC to carry out his last c... JC JC to carry out his last comment on the ticket. not done
BUG 519 Make lb, pb, cb, gb consistent (GREEN open-accepted). Council decided to close. Action: JC to close ... JC JC to close [DONE]. Done
BUG 525 citedRange and biblScope should share att class (GREEN open). SB admitted to sloth. Action: SB to co... MH, JC, KH MH to check Allura settings to make sure that the owners of both bugs and feature requests receive email notifications. [JC and KH looked into this during a break and might have fixed it through another mechanism. MH to check with JC]. unsure
BUG 418 Names and Dates chapter does not mention calendar (GREEN open). Action: JC will add the prose before... JC JC will add the prose before the next teleconference. not done

Actions for Kevin Hawkins

Ticket Who What Result
FR 457 : KH: In the ticket I want to clarify what you use tagUsage for and what to put in a project-specifi... KH, LB, JC KH, LB, and JC will review and make a recommendation to Council before the next face-to-face. Discussion happening on ticket.
FR 384 that once 384 is implemented, we’ll add a note on att.typed reminding people that this is meant for ... HC, KH HC will implement [DONE]. KH will add a comment to FR 384 [DONE]. done during Council meeting
FR 468 : HC: precision expresses false precision that’s not real probability. It’s something more like cert... KH KH to add to the deprecation document the requirement to announce to the community that we plan to deprecate something and to get in touch if you object. done 2013-12-26
FR 383 where to put idno within biblStruct? (AMBER open) This is one of three tickets where KH could not fi... KH, SB KH will create a new ticket pointing to this and the other two tickets with deprecation problems (as listed on the wiki) saying we need a way to deprecate members of content model and reassign to SB to solve the three tickets using a Schematron warning, and to add @validUntil on constraintSpec. done 2013-12-08 (new ticket is at https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/486/)
FR 482 The term strikes back - terminology chapter (AMBER open). The ISO is working on a standard for termi... LB, KH, SB LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integration of external standards and will generate a one-page proposal for this policy. This should be provided to Council ahead of the next teleconference. In addition, LB, KH, and SB will check with Laurent that he wants TBX incorporated into the Guidelines as is or kept in sync in the future and what he thinks about melding into the rest of the TEI Guidelines (in language, approach, element naming conventions) or keeping it self-contained. KH drafted a generic policy and circulated to LB and SB on 2013-12-26. Created https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/507/ so we won't forget. Discussion of whether to incorporate TBX into the Guidelines is happening on ticket.
FR 294 altIdentifier is deprecated within msPart (AMBER open). Action: KH to change to Green and add to the... KH KH to change to Green and add to the ticket about deprecation using Schematron along with 383, if not already done. done 2013-12-08
BUG 528 consistency in "the Guidelines" vs. "these Guidelines" (AMBER open). This should be green. Action: K... KH KH to do this.
BUG 548 use of modal verbs in Guidelines (AMBER pending-later). Already assigned to KH. RW agreed to help. I... KH, RW, LB KH and RW to create a new, detailed ticket with all questionable cases. In the meantime, LB will fix the edits that KH made at r12525. LB commented out otiose paragraph. KH has responded on the ticket asking whether we will bother documenting this in the Guidelines. Still need to go through usages in the Guidelines.
BUG 216 half title pages in TEI Tite (AMBER open-postponed). KH has to finish comparing TEI-Tite with the Ap... KH KH to resolve Tite problems and report regularly to Council on progress. Plan to resolve Tite is now at Plan for TEI Tite. This includes returning to BUG 216 and other tickets.
FR 280 clarification of colloc (GREEN pending-accepted). #1 is already done. #2: Breakout group agreed that... KH KH to remove @type from both examples, etc. done 2013-12-26
FR 482 Earlier we decided:Action: LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integrat... LB, KH, SB LB, KH and SB to articulate a more generic policy for TEI on the integration of external standards and will generate a one-page proposal for this policy. This should be provided to Council ahead of the next teleconference. In addition, LB, KH, and SB will check with Laurent that he wants TBX incorporated into the Guidelines as is or kept in sync in the future and what he thinks about melding into the rest of the TEI Guidelines (in language, approach, element naming conventions) or keeping it self-contained. Kevin drafted a generic policy and circulated to Lou and Syd on 2013-12-26. Discussion of whether to incorporate TBX into the Guidelines is happening on ticket.
BUG 525 citedRange and biblScope should share att class (GREEN open). SB admitted to sloth. Action: SB to co... MH, JC, KH MH to check Allura settings to make sure that the owners of both bugs and feature requests receive email notifications. [JC and KH looked into this during a break and might have fixed it through another mechanism. MH to check with JC]. n/a

Actions for Martin Holmes

Ticket Who What Result
FR 453 a place for metadata that you can't fit into existing header elements AMBER open Discussion talks mo... MH, PS, LB MH will offer DC examples and PS will offer MARC examples. LB will pull them together into some text to be inserted into the Guidelines. Given this, Council will reconsider the feature request and whether to create the wrapper element. Examples provided 2013-11-20
FR 471 extend the possible usages of argument (AMBER open). (If the intended use case is encoder-supplied a... LB, MH Done. Fourth example added in rev 12666 2013-11-27.
FR 472 docDate in dateline ? EM: dateline does not allow docDate, but byline allows docAuthor. This is inco... MH MH to add docDate to dateline, and clarify with usage notes. Done 2013-11
FR 443 @resp should be a member of att.global AMBER open. JC and SR: Global attributes should really not be... MH, LB MH and LB to agree on clarification to Guidelines to say that @resp means different things: responsibility for markup and content except when the element in question is a transcriptional element, in which case the content of the element is marked as coming from the source.
FR 303 check the apache logs for frequent 404s (AMBER open). Action: JC to ask DS to make the TEI-C webserv... JC, MH JC to ask DS to make the TEI-C webserver logs available somewhere we can see them; then action on MH to write script to generate lists of bad links of various types. JC also to check google analytics/Webmaster tools. Deadline to report back by next conference call. I've checked through the logs, which the webmaster provided for me. There seem to be no instances of systematic errors. There seems to be little to gain from this, assuming the sysadmins are already routine monitoring.
FR 470 att.measurement and att.dimensions overlap (AMBER open). We are not really sure why all of these att... MH MH to move @commodity into its own class, and move measure and measureGrp to att.dimensions. Ticket to GREEN, assign to MH. [Subsequent study suggests to MH that this may be more complicated than it seems, and may have to wait on our having the ability to override valLists in attributes from attribute classes at the element level.] Set back to Amber pending further discussion. See ticket for details.
bottom of wiki agenda page ) SR: Why are we proposing using alpha and beta? MH: Because we were proposing asking the community ... MH, SR Assign MH to update the release documentation re alpha and beta, and investigate how we might add the SVN last changed date and the rev number to the bottom of pages. Latter bit done by SR 2013-11-14. Documentation in TCW22 updated by MH 2013-11-14.
FR 405 Wrong schema generated (AMBER pending-accepted). This is due to a bug in the current version in Roma... MH MH to see if it has been fixed, and if so, close the ticket. Done 2013-11
FR 342 first draft of new Guidelines sections and questions [MH] MH summarized the genesis of this text from Providence. MH, LB Entire Council to (re)read MH’s draft before next face-to-face meeting. Once we’ve done that and agreed, someone will rewrite chapter 5 (WD) to include MH’s draft and the current section 10.6.6. LB volunteered. Council and the WG members have been asked to read and comment on the draft (2013-11-28).
BUG 578 partial and recursive segmentation of s-units (AMBER open). [The Guidelines text is clear enough. Th... MH MH will revise content model to match the prose. Done 2013-11-27, although I really don't like the results of this.
BUG 298 att.editLike should not bring att.dimensions & att.ranging (AMBER open-accepted). [MH to ask Gabriel... MH MH to ask Gabby to implement. GB has asked to pass the ticket to MH (2013-11-28). MH to create a full proposal and implement if approved.
FR 212 Generic dating class (AMBER pending-accepted). Gabby claimed in 2011 that it’s done except needs som... HC, MH HC to investigate whether it’s actually been done. MH offered examples if needed. Hugh has opened a new bug #635 to address this.
BUG 568 "How to edit the Guidelines" and chapter organization (AMBER open). SR: What MH found looks distinct... MH MH to replace references to entity references with explanation of XIncludes in “How to edit the Guidelines”. Done 2013-11
BUG 506 Meaning of @corresp rather in dispute (AMBER open). Working group triage: needs to be discussed: Is ... MH MH to create an example and run it by tei-council before adding to the Guidelines. Done 2013-12-23
BUG 582 Need for consistency in terminology relating to TEI conformance (AMBER open). Working group: Agreed ... MH MH to deal with the ticket narrowly, using a hyphen and lowercase but leaving both “conformant” and “conformable”. Done 2013-11-20
BUG 460 list/​@type="unordered" is not recommended, but used often (AMBER open). Working group: This bug has... MH MH to follow the last comment on ticket to figure out our current situation. Research done, and a proposal being developed on the wiki.
BUG 581 `attRef` needs better documentation (AMBER open). Action: SR to implement either removal of attRef, ... SR, MH SR to implement either removal of attRef, MH to adjust documentation. SR recommends holding off on documentation because he may be able to eliminate attRef in favour of classRef.
FR 432 Change regex flavor on @matchPattern (GREEN open). Agreed, XPath. Action: MH Write to TEI-L list, if... MH MH Write to TEI-L list, if no negative feedback, change. Done 2013-11-21 rev 12660
BUG 312 i18n revision due (GREEN open). Action: MH, when he completes action on related ticket (perhaps afte... MH MH, when he completes action on related ticket (perhaps after moving notes from minutes into tickets), to update this ticket. Pilot project with Italian is now under way March 2014 with Fabio leading a team working on a spreadsheet. Details on the ticket.
BUG 442 update ODD documentation on www.tei-c.org and in Guidelines (GREEN open). Action: MH to finish it.... MH MH to finish it.
BUG 441 fDecl doesn't allow att.datcat yet (GREEN open-accepted). Action: MH to prod Piotr.... MH MH to prod Piotr. Piotr prodded 2013-11-21, and twice more after that.
BUG 525 citedRange and biblScope should share att class (GREEN open). SB admitted to sloth. Action: SB to co... MH, JC, KH MH to check Allura settings to make sure that the owners of both bugs and feature requests receive email notifications. [JC and KH looked into this during a break and might have fixed it through another mechanism. MH to check with JC]. According to investigation, we've done what we can with Allura settings here.

Actions for Elli Mylonas

Ticket Who What Result
Ideas on how to run an experimental TEI Hackathon [SR]


JC, HC, SR, EM JC to approach the DH 2014 committee and find out how they would prefer us to do it, and whether it’s a good idea; and tell the Board that HC, SR and EM are prepared to be involved in organizing this along with one or more Board members. JC did, hand off to EM Jan 9 '14 DONE
Ideas on how to run an experimental TEI Hackathon [SR]


EM EM to make sure this happens. Jan 28 '14 Discussions begun, proposal draft begun. Feb 21 proposal submitted to DH2014 DONE
FR 300 Move witStart et al. to model.milestoneLike (AMBER pending). Action: EM to change to red and assigne... EM EM to change to red and assigned to EM to chase up or otherwise close ticket.
BUG 594 TEI-C website menu points to wrong index page for Guidelines (AMBER open). Fixed, will appear in nex... EM EM to create a ticket on the Chrome problem. Dec 10, 2013 done
BUG 589 add respons and space to att.responsibility (AMBER open). Working group triage: Is it ok to add have... EM EM will get rid of locally assigned @resp by adding to att.responsibility (thereby getting @cert as well). Will change to GREEN. Dec 10, 2013 Done
BUG 563 inconsistent encoding of citations to sources of examples (AMBER open). Working group recommends ass... BB, EM, PS BB, EM, and PS to work on the ticket by mid-February 2014.
FR 389 clarify definition of @from on locus and biblScope (GREEN open). EM admits to sloth and will do so. ... EM EM to do before next teleconference.
Cheatsheets: Short best/recommended practice documents EM: Not cheatsheets - negative implication. RW: Quick Start. HC: Quick Reference; SB: “Guidelettes” ... EM EM to ask MB to clarify what she wants from Council with regard to helping cheatsheets.

Actions for Sebastian Rahtz

Ticket Who What Result
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/EEBO/ for summary of problem, and links to tickets) SR: EEBO-TCP is a gigantic resource that claims to be ... SR SR will implement the schema change of adding @place to stage and will document and provide an example. adding @place. example to do
FR 479 Adding the @place attribute to head and seg AMBER open JC noted that head is not meta-textual or in ... SR SR to take the ticket, and get more examples from the submitter DONE
FR 445 Conversion of ODD to HTML: Examples should be aware of element renaming closed-fixed, implemented by... SR SR to add gi and att renaming to complete the ticket. COMPLETED FOR gi. Not possible for att.
FR 442 Allow foreign to contain q (AMBER open). The group felt this should be rejected. Action:SR to close ... SR SR to close ticket because it’s rejected DONE
FR 433 loosen content model of salute (AMBER open). SR: Underlying this was a desire for symmetry between s... SR SR will carry this out DONE
FR 477 lines of poetry inside trailer (AMBER open). The request is for symmetry between head and trailer. T... SR SR to find a good way to achieve this, since what was done before with head was rather strange. DONE. Have copied what was done with head
FR 383 where to put idno within biblStruct? (AMBER open) This is one of three tickets where KH could not fi... SR SR to check how @validUntil makes the build fail when out of date, and if necessary update this mechanism so it can handle @validUntil on constraintSpec. Ticket 383 will wait on all this, along with the two other tickets. DONE. It applies to tei:*[@validUntil], so should just work.] .
bottom of wiki agenda page ) SR: Why are we proposing using alpha and beta? MH: Because we were proposing asking the community ... MH, SR Assign MH to update the release documentation re alpha and beta, and investigate how we might add the SVN last changed date and the rev number to the bottom of pages. Latter bit done by SR 2013-11-14. Documentation in TCW22 updated by MH 2013-11-14.]
Ideas on how to run an experimental TEI Hackathon [SR] JC, HC, SR, EM JC to approach the DH 2014 committee and find out how they would prefer us to do it, and whether it’s a good idea; and tell the Board that HC, SR and EM are prepared to be involved in organizing this along with one or more Board members. EM submitted bid from TEI on time, after consultation with SR, HC and Arianna
FR 345 members of model.respLike should be members of att.declarable (AMBER open-later). Breakout group ins... SR SR to make the ticket Green and go ahead and implement it, including some documentation/examples. DONE
BUG 302 version ignores @source (AMBER open). This is a Roma issue. Recommend marking as closed won’t fix be... SR SR to try reproducing this and set as closed-won’t fix. DONE
BUG 583 Adding new attribute fails in Roma schema generation (AMBER open). Same as 302. Action: SR wil set a... SR SR wil set as closed-won’t fix and check that it has the Roma tag. DONE
BUG 434 issues with ePub conversion (2/3) (AMBER open). Any issue not dealing with ODD processing should be ... SR SR will ask poster kindly to post there (explaining why) and close this issue. DONE
BUG 581 `attRef` needs better documentation (AMBER open). Action: SR to implement either removal of attRef, ... SR, MH SR to implement either removal of attRef, MH to adjust documentation. FIxed attRef. thinking about classRef. some changes made to implementation of that. attRef still needed.
FR 467 Make @name optional on tei:relation (GREEN open). Action: SR has already done this.... SR SR to action DOne
FR 478 loosening content and model of `signed` (GREEN open). Agree that is is green. Though would model.div... SR SR to implement signed at top as well as bottom DONE

Actions for Paul Schaffner

Ticket Who What Result
FR 453 a place for metadata that you can't fit into existing header elements AMBER open Discussion talks mo... MH, PS, LB MH will offer DC examples and PS will offer MARC examples. LB will pull them together into some text to be inserted into the Guidelines. Given this, Council will reconsider the feature request and whether to create the wrapper element.
FR 360 New attribute @keepHyphen. Ticket open, ticket GREEN, it’s rejected throughout the comments.... PS PS to provide an example of the mechanism recommended to handle the use-case.
BUG 563 inconsistent encoding of citations to sources of examples (AMBER open). Working group recommends ass... BB, EM, PS BB, EM, and PS to work on the ticket by mid-February 2014.
BUG 558 name/​orgName (AMBER open). Action: RW to ask PS where he is on this; change ticket status to GREEN.... RW, PS RW to ask PS where he is on this; change ticket status to GREEN.


Actions for Torsten Schassan

Ticket Who What Result
TS TS to come up with a more detailed problem description and what the WG should attempt to solve by 2014-01-01.


Actions for Rebecca Welzenbach

Ticket Who What Result
FR 384 : In April RW made a spreadsheet showing which elements she recommends moving into att.typed. And in... SB, RW SB and RW will review the list again.
Attributes without examples BB, RW BB and RW to turn into bug reports those attributes that are without examples that are high priority or need new/updated definitions.
FR 377 retaining punctuation marks in the text of a TEI document (AMBER open-accepted). RW says she has add... RW RW to finish the work and ask for help if necessary.
BUG 548 use of modal verbs in Guidelines (AMBER pending-later). Already assigned to KH. RW agreed to help. I... KH, RW, LB KH and RW to create a new, detailed ticket with all questionable cases. In the meantime, LB will fix the edits that KH made at r12525.
BUG 558 name/​orgName (AMBER open). Action: RW to ask PS where he is on this; change ticket status to GREEN.... RW, PS RW to ask PS where he is on this; change ticket status to GREEN.
BUG 401 Most attributes lack good examples (GREEN open-accepted). This was previously discussed. Action: RW ... RW RW to follow up.
Personal tools