Convenors: Stefanie Gehrke and Kevin Hawkins
According to the TEI SIG on Libraries web page:
The goal of the TEI Special Interest Group on Libraries is to discuss topics regarding the use of TEI in libraries, including the creation of guidelines and best practices that encourage the consistent and predictable encoding of TEI documents. Greater consistency and predictability will facilitate the interchange of documents, interoperability of systems, and the creation of standard tools for libraries to use in the creation and publication of TEI documents. It will do this by, among other things:
- Updating and improving the Best Practices for TEI in Libraries
- Creation of standard XSL style sheets for use (see, for example, Thutmose II, development of which was funded by a grant from the TEI Consortium to the SIG on Libraries)
- Exploring the use of other metadata standards commonly in use in libraries, such as METS, MODS, EAD, and MARC, in conjunction with TEI documents
- Guides to implementing TEI collections in digital library platforms
See also the mention of the Digital Library Federation's support for the TEI.
Join the List
- Join the TEILIB-L list to participate in discussions, post questions or just to stay informed.
- TEI Libraries SIG Manifesto
- Best Practices for TEI in Libraries ("BP")
- Project documentation from Europeana Regia
- Thutmose II: development of this tool for converting from MARCXML to TEI has been sponsored by a grant from the SIG.