Convenors: Stefanie Gehrke and Kevin Hawkins
According to the TEI SIG on Libraries web page:
The goal of the TEI Special Interest Group on Libraries is to discuss topics regarding the use of TEI in libraries, including the creation of guidelines and best practices that encourage the consistent and predictable encoding of TEI documents. Greater consistency and predictability will facilitate the interchange of documents, interoperability of systems, and the creation of standard tools for libraries to use in the creation and publication of TEI documents. It will do this by:
- Updating and improving the Best Practices for TEI in Libraries.
- Creation of standard XSL style sheets for use.
- Exploring the use of other metadata standards commonly in use in libraries, such as METS, MODS, EAD, MARC, in conjunction with TEI documents
- Guides to implementing TEI collections that follow the best practices guidelines, using open source digital library software such as Greenstone.
- Other items as they occur to us.
See also the mention of the Digital Library Federation's support for the TEI.
Join the List
- Join the TEILIB-L list to participate in discussions, post questions or just to stay informed.
- TEI Libraries SIG Manifesto
- Best Practices for TEI in Libraries ("BP")
- Feedback on the Best Practices for TEI in Libraries ODD Documentation and Schemas (no longer active)
- wiki page (no longer active)
- notes on remaining development for BP (no longer active)
- BPG Feedback on Complete Draft (no longer active)
- BPG Revision 3 for Public Comment (no longer active)
- BPG Revision 3 Public Comment Feedback (no longer active)
- List of elements in P5 header module modified in ODDs for Best Practices for TEI in Libraries (no longer active)
- List of attributes suggested to include in BPG, and those excluded (no longer active)
- Incorporating BP into P5 -- We invite all members of the TEI community to submit practices given in the BP for inclusion in the Guidelines.
- Future changes to Best Practices for TEI in Libraries
- Review of Tite Scheme (no longer active)
- Project documentation from Europeana Regia
- Thutmose: development of this tool for converting from MARCXML to TEI has been sponsored by a grant from the SIG.