"Textual Communities is an environment for the collaborative online creation of scholarly editions."
- It is not an adaptation of any other system, but is built anew from the ground up;
- It understands text as a collection of leaves distributed across a document tree and an entity tree. Accordingly, it can both present text page by page (or line by line), as parts of a document tree, and it can present text entity by entity, as a hierarchy of acts of eommunication (hence, line 1 of the General Prologue of the Canterbury Tales), as parts of an entity tree;
- It offers powerful collation tools, CollateX and the Collation Editor, permitting precise tailoring of the collation of any entity in muliple documents;
- It includes tools for managing collaboration: to invite, supervise and monitor multiple collaborators;
- It includes an IIIF image server, and can create editiable documents from IIIF manifests;
- It provides an API giving access to all materials through URI resource descriptors.
Please sign all comments.
Source code and licensing
Support for TEI
- The production version: https://textualcommunities.org/
- The sandbox version: https://textualcommunitiessandbox.org/