This is a wiki devoted to the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI). It is created by TEI-ers for TEI-ers, and if you wish to contribute something or join the discussions, you are most welcome – all you need to do is login or register. Choose from the following:
Technical matters: building and manipulating TEI XML
- XML, TEI by Example, What is the Text Encoding Initiative?, teiHeader tutorials
- TEI P5 Guidelines: current and archived past releases in the Vault
- Browse examples of markup or code submitted to this wiki:
- Read about useful software (editors, processors and such).
- Read about Roma and Vesta, the software suites that produce TEI customizations, documentation and schemas, as well as ODD, the language larger than TEI.
- Find a crosswalk (mapping) between a TEI header and another metadata format.
- See projects using TEI (in addition to those listed on the TEI website).
TEI Community matters
- TEI Cheatsheets
- the TEI community and related communities
- Current events
- Board of Directors
- Technical Council
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Computer-Mediated Communication, Correspondence, Education, Facsimile Markup, Graph Technologies , Indic Texts, Libraries, Manuscripts, Music, Ontologies, Overlap, Scholarly Publishing, TEI for Linguists, Text and Graphics, Tools
- Publication opportunities
- Grant opportunities
- Editing help
- <idleTalk/> – the local bulletin board
- Articles waiting to be born
- Articles that need extending
- All pages in the wiki
- All categories in the wiki
- Optional real TEIWiki-users list
Note: We require registration in order to avoid automated spam attacks and page vandalism. For the same reason, this front page has been locked and is unable to be edited by normal users. In addition, throughout the wiki certain key words which are prevalent in spam attacks have been banned. If you need to use any of these words, or to suggest a change to the homepage, please contact one of the "bureaucrat" users.