Minutes for May 6, 2009: Difference between revisions

From TEIWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pwillett (talk | contribs)
New page: TEI in Libraries SIG meeting, DLF Forum, Raleigh NC May 6, 2009 Attendees: Glen Worthy, Kevin Hawkins, Chris Powell, Melanie Schlosser, Michelle Dalmau, Jenn Riley, Perry Willett, Natasha...
 
Mdalmau (talk | contribs)
No edit summary
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
* Kevin will go through and be sure that all feedback has been addressed in some way.
* Kevin will go through and be sure that all feedback has been addressed in some way.
* No to "marc245": nothing to be gained; keep lowercase. (See additional email from Syd about this.)
* No to "marc245": nothing to be gained; keep lowercase. (See additional email from Syd about this.)
* idno: needs more examples? get examples from EEBO, BIM
* '''PENDING''': idno: needs more examples? get examples from EEBO, BIM
* type="translated"?
* Request to make note about use of xml:lang when using type="translated". We decided this comment was misguided, so there was nothing to change.
* optional: use ref/key in persName to point to external authority file using LCNAF#; 100 MARC field will contain dates.  
* '''PENDING''': optional: use ref/key in persName to point to external authority file using LCNAF#; 100 MARC field will contain dates.  
**Recommended: use type=marc1XX as source
**Recommended: use type=marc1XX as source
**later discussion: make recommendation with more granulated subfields
**later discussion: make recommendation with more granulated subfields
* use one resp/multiple names or multiple resps/one names or one resp/one name
* '''DONE''': use one resp/multiple names or multiple resps/one names or one resp/one name
* use xml:lang attribute on <text>; need example  
* '''DONE''': use xml:lang attribute on <text>; need example  
* optional: use profileDesc to indicate predominate language, describing text as a whole.
* '''DONE''': optional: use profileDesc to indicate predominate language, describing text as a whole.
* ISBD: typo
* '''DONE & PENDING''': ISBD: typo
* deal with other metadata formats in the header in the future; not now
* '''DONE-ISH''' deal with other metadata formats in the header in the future; not now
* level2: take out div1, div, ab
* '''DONE''': level2: take out div1, div, ab from list of elements
* level3/4: no comparison with tite is possible just yet. Kevin will provide some context. Analyze level 3 to see how closely it is to tite.
* '''DONE-ISH''': level3/4: no comparison with Tite is possible just yet. Kevin will provide some context. Analyze level 3 to see how closely it is to Tite.
* fix typo by adding #. Natasha fixed her example. Ampersands to fix.
* '''DONE''': fix typo by adding #. Natasha fixed her example. Ampersands to fix.
* level 5: remove examples; reference full tei guidelines and something about header
* '''DONE''': level 5: remove examples; reference full TEI guidelines and something about header
* general recommendations:
* general recommendations:
** references to specific tags will be taken care of through odds
** references to specific tags will be taken care of through odds
Line 28: Line 28:
** workflow scenario: add more description of some scenarios,  
** workflow scenario: add more description of some scenarios,  
* no recommendation for character encoding
* no recommendation for character encoding
* Michelle will provide a summary of IU's filenaming practice
* '''DONE''': Michelle will provide a summary of IU's filenaming practice
* pb: just ignore this comment
* pb: just ignore this comment
* levels: add sentence about context: "higher levels indicate more analysis and markup"
* '''DONE''': levels: add sentence about context: "higher levels indicate more analysis and markup"
* global attr guidelines xml:lang needs to remove sentence about subtag.
* '''DONE''': global attribute guidelines xml:lang: remove sentence about subtag.
* numbered divs: no comment
* numbered divs: no comment
* type attr: add a little more info, describing why this is necessary
* '''DONE?''':type attr: add a little more info, describing why this is necessary
* synopsis at beginning of levels
* '''DONE''': synopsis at beginning of levels
* Michelle will add discussion of @facsimile
* '''DONE''': Michelle will add discussion of @facsimile
* use css not rendition ladders.
* '''DONE?''':use CSS, not rendition ladders
* use @rendition which is documented in header <rendition>
* '''PENDING''':use @rendition on elements, with corresponding documentation in <rendition> in header
* add sentence about interoperability
* '''DONE''': add sentence about interoperability
* assignments:
* assignments:
** people should volunteer to take on particular tasks
** people should volunteer to take on particular tasks
Line 44: Line 44:
** generate P5 odds for each level (Syd)
** generate P5 odds for each level (Syd)
** proofing
** proofing
** submit final version for tei-c vetting
** submit final version for TEI-C vetting
** finalize changes to wiki by May 22.
** finalize changes to wiki by May 22.
** next call May 26 1pm ET 10am PT
** next call May 26 1pm ET 10am PT
* Syd can't start working on ODDs until July 1, may take at least a month
* Syd can't start working on ODDs until July 1, may take at least a month
* Aug 3 ODDs should be done
* Aug 3 ODDs should be done
* unveil at members meeting
* unveil at members' meeting in November

Latest revision as of 14:35, 26 May 2009

TEI in Libraries SIG meeting, DLF Forum, Raleigh NC May 6, 2009

Attendees: Glen Worthy, Kevin Hawkins, Chris Powell, Melanie Schlosser, Michelle Dalmau, Jenn Riley, Perry Willett, Natasha Smith, Hugh Cayless, Syd Baumann, Matt Gibson

  • Perry said that CDL could sponsor conference calls in the future. (We use ReadyTalk, which can also share computer screens.
  • add Hugh to email distribution
  • Kevin will go through and be sure that all feedback has been addressed in some way.
  • No to "marc245": nothing to be gained; keep lowercase. (See additional email from Syd about this.)
  • PENDING: idno: needs more examples? get examples from EEBO, BIM
  • Request to make note about use of xml:lang when using type="translated". We decided this comment was misguided, so there was nothing to change.
  • PENDING: optional: use ref/key in persName to point to external authority file using LCNAF#; 100 MARC field will contain dates.
    • Recommended: use type=marc1XX as source
    • later discussion: make recommendation with more granulated subfields
  • DONE: use one resp/multiple names or multiple resps/one names or one resp/one name
  • DONE: use xml:lang attribute on <text>; need example
  • DONE: optional: use profileDesc to indicate predominate language, describing text as a whole.
  • DONE & PENDING: ISBD: typo
  • DONE-ISH deal with other metadata formats in the header in the future; not now
  • DONE: level2: take out div1, div, ab from list of elements
  • DONE-ISH: level3/4: no comparison with Tite is possible just yet. Kevin will provide some context. Analyze level 3 to see how closely it is to Tite.
  • DONE: fix typo by adding #. Natasha fixed her example. Ampersands to fix.
  • DONE: level 5: remove examples; reference full TEI guidelines and something about header
  • general recommendations:
    • references to specific tags will be taken care of through odds
    • contributing examples: not our problem
    • recommend hyphenation be documented in header, explain different cases
    • workflow scenario: add more description of some scenarios,
  • no recommendation for character encoding
  • DONE: Michelle will provide a summary of IU's filenaming practice
  • pb: just ignore this comment
  • DONE: levels: add sentence about context: "higher levels indicate more analysis and markup"
  • DONE: global attribute guidelines xml:lang: remove sentence about subtag.
  • numbered divs: no comment
  • DONE?:type attr: add a little more info, describing why this is necessary
  • DONE: synopsis at beginning of levels
  • DONE: Michelle will add discussion of @facsimile
  • DONE?:use CSS, not rendition ladders
  • PENDING:use @rendition on elements, with corresponding documentation in <rendition> in header
  • DONE: add sentence about interoperability
  • assignments:
    • people should volunteer to take on particular tasks
    • clean out discussion
    • generate P5 odds for each level (Syd)
    • proofing
    • submit final version for TEI-C vetting
    • finalize changes to wiki by May 22.
    • next call May 26 1pm ET 10am PT
  • Syd can't start working on ODDs until July 1, may take at least a month
  • Aug 3 ODDs should be done
  • unveil at members' meeting in November