BP revision ticket triage
Probably not controversial
- issue 6: revisit encoding of ISBNs – complete
- issue 20: revised "display examples" for levels 3 and 4 – complete
- issue 21: reconsider rend="keep-hyphen" – complete
- issue 22: a corrigible error to fix (accidentally referring to Tite!) – complete
- issue 29: explain how to use just the header recommendations from the Best Practices – complete
- issue 30: milestones occurring at div boundaries – complete
- issue 33: clarify where to encode <pb/>s: at a point where more than one div is opened or closed at once – complete
- issue 34: clarify where to encode <pb/>s: footnotes not entirely on same page as point of attachment – complete
- issue 43: header section: note about complete customizations – complete
- issue 45: controlled vocabulary for @type on divs? – complete
- issue 56: consider <p> and <ab> inside of header elements – Syd will implement
- issue 3: rewrite section on @rend and @rendition to account for @style – complete
- issue 4: clarify representations of milestones – complete
- issue 5: rewrite discussion of @key and @ref to discuss magic tokens and Linked Data – complete
- issue 8: consider adding <width> and <height> as children of <extent> – After reflection, Kevin has withdrawn this.
- issue 15: add <distinct> to Level 4? – complete
- issue 18: rework Level 1 and Level 2 structure? – decided not to implement
- issue 24: tagging events – complete
- issue 25: Cover MARC records and TEI body – BPTL group think this is out of scope. Since Stuart hasn't added anything, we've closed the issue.
- issue 42: idno as child of biblStruct – complete
- issue 51: Appendix A: Recommended Attributes – complete
- issue 53: transcriptional omissions – Syd partially implemented; Andrew proposed some changes to prose; Syd will finish.
- issue 2: update the tie to a specific version of P5 – completed
- issue 7: give guidance on incorporating outside metadata into a header – complete
- issue 9: intertwingled content in <editorialDecl> – completed
- issue 13: update to take into account RDA – Kevin asked colleague to review compiled changes.
- issue 27: Coordinated OCR in BPTL – postponed indefinitely ("dormant")
- issue 38: build process broken – complete
Could be controversial
- issue 36: specify how to encode sigla – complete
- issue 14: how to record non-ASCII characters – complete
- issue 17: how to indicate conformance to the BP? – complete
- issue 31: ambiguity over use of <lb/>, <cb/>, and <pb/> in Level 4 – complete
- issue 10: indicating interviewers and interviewees — complete
- issue 11: encoding <pb>s within <note>s — complete
- issue 16: give guidance on encoding serials and composite documents – Kevin to propose a solution
- issue 26: Add (or update) examples to show use of modern authorities – assigned to Elli, who welcomes collaboration
- issue 19: pb@xml:id and METS – assigned to Kevin
- issue 23: relation of BP to TEI simplePrint (explaining the difference between the BPTL, TEI Simple, and TEI Lite) and issue 46: BPTL Level 4 and TEI simplePrint (attempting to reconcile the two) – assigned both to Kevin
- issue 28: update to take into account BIBFRAME – closed
- issue 50: update BPTL ODDs to use Pure ODD syntax – complete (but should double-check after other issues are resolved)
- issue 37: ODDs are invalid – Syd will complete once TEI Technical Council acts.
- issue 52: reconsider our use of modal expressions – assigned to Kevin
- issue 12: bibliographies and other lists of works cited – Elli will implement
- issue 47: Some comments on the Header (comparison of BPTL against P5) – Elli will investigate, consulting with Syd as necessary.
- issue 57: update "Acknowledgements" – assigned to Kevin
- issue 44: proofreading auto-generated HTML – assigned to James for the future