Kernow 1.6 is an open-source GUI and high-level API for the Saxon XSLT, XQuery and XML Schema processor. It was written by Andrew Welch and uses Java 1.6 (= Java 6). Kernow 1.8 offers 100 runs for free, and then a license needs to be bought. Closed source, distributed via Sourceforge, runs on Java 1.7.
(from the project web page:)
- it uses compiled stylesheets, multiple threads and caching resolvers to make the transforms run efficiently, and combo boxes that persist between runs
- it is runnable from Ant allowing it to slot into your build process, and it's a high level API for Saxon making it very easy to run transforms from your own Java applications.
- you can run it via Java Net Start straight from Sourceforge (no need for manual downloads)
- it can also be used to test the performance of your transforms
- it supports XQuery (see the relevant info)
- it can be used to validate directories of XML with W3C XML Schemas, using either Xerces, Saxon-SA or any JAXP schema processor
Please sign all comments.
- Java; Version 6 for the free distribution (Kernow 1.6), ver. 7 for the paid Kernow 1.8.
Source code and licensing
Support for TEI
It supports any well-formed XML, including TEI XML.
- Written in Java
- Interface: English, German, French
- Docs: English
Documentation is provided in the form of a FAQ list at the project homepage.
(What technical support is provided by the creators of the tool?)
(links to demo sites running the tool or successful implementations of it)
Current version number and date of release
History of versions
- 1.6.1b2 (2008-08-13)
How to download or buy
Available at http://kernowforsaxon.sourceforge.net/ The free version has to be downloaded from the "Source" tab, the paid version is distributed under the "Files" tab.
(type in that information here)