SIG:CMC/DeRiK schema draft for representing CMC in TEI (2012)
This page is part of the wiki space of the TEI-SIG “Computer-mediated communication".
ODD file, RNG schema and encoding examples
- RNG schema file
- ODD documentation of the schema (xml file)
- Register and documentation of all elements in the schema (html version, zipped)
- Encoding example 1: Wikipedia talk page (xml file)
- Original data for encoding example 1 (pdf) (cf. the example given in Fig. 2 of the jTEI article)
- Encoding example 2: chat logfile (xml file)
- Originl data for encoding example 2 (pdf) (cf. the example given in Fig. 12 of the jTEI article)
About this schema
This ODD describes an encoding schema for genres of computer-mediated communication (CMC) / social media. It is meant as a contribution to the work and discussions in the special interest group “Computer-mediated communication" (CMC-SIG) of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI). The schema has been developed in the context of the DFG scientific network Empirikom and the preparation of a project for the creation of a German reference corpus of CMC (DeRiK).
Authors: Michael Beißwenger, Maria Ermakova, Alexander Geyken, Lothar Lemnitzer and Angelika Storrer.
The schema has been described in the following article in the jTEI:
- Beißwenger, Michael; Ermakova, Maria; Geyken, Alexander; Lemnitzer, Lothar; Storrer, Angelika (2012): A TEI Schema for the Representation of Computer-mediated Communication. In: Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative (jTEI), Issue 3 | November 2012 (DOI: 10.4000/jtei.476).
The schema has been presented and discussed at the following conferences:
- Representing genres of computer-mediated communication in TEI. Panel at the 2011 TEI Annual Conference and Members Meeting "Philology in the Digital Age", Universität Würzburg (D) (organized by Michael Beißwenger & Lothar Lemnitzer).
- A TEI Schema for the Annotation of CMC Genres. Talk held by Michael Beißwenger, Maria Ermakova, Alexander Geyken, Lothar Lemnitzer & Angelika Storrer at the international workshop "Building Corpora of Computer-Mediated Communication: Issues, Challenges, and Perspectives", TU Dortmund University (D), 13-15 February 2013.
- Computer-Mediated Communication in TEI: What Lies Ahead. Panel the 2013 TEI Annual Conference and Members Meeting "The Linked TEI: Text Encoding in the Web", Università La Sapienza, Rom (IT) (organized by Michael Beißwenger & Lothar Lemnitzer).