"XMLmind XML Editor is a highly-extensible, multi-platform, validating XML editor featuring a word processor-like view."
From http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/features.html, most interesting for TEI :
The word processor-like view is parametrized using a substantial subset of CSS2.
- Also has a fully editable tree view.
- Multiple, synchronized, views can be used to edit the same document, for example: a tree view showing XML nodes, a word processor-like view and another styled view only showing section titles.
- Supports the @media print standard CSS construct.
- Proprietary extensions to CSS allow styled blocks and tables to be collapsed/expanded.
- Proprietary extensions to CSS allow controls such as buttons, check boxes, combo boxes, text fields, etc, to be embedded in the styled view. With this feature, XXE can be used to edit XML data, XML documents or a mix of both content types.
- Proprietary extensions to CSS allow to style attributes, comments and processing instructions.
Please sign all comments.
2009: XXE is not as smart as XMetal, but there is a free version, useful for students or little projects. It's also possible to define very precise interfaces for specific datas (tree and table views). -- Frédéric Glorieux (École des chartes)
Available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Source code and licensing
Support for TEI
- English, Français, official Add-ons ;
- Čeština, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Polski, Suomi (user contributed)
See Online Help.
Current version number and date of release
- 4.9.1 (2011-06)