- From the calendar of TEI events
- (most recent first)
TEI Conference and Members' Meeting 2012
College Station, TX, November 5-10, 2012
TEI Members Meeting 21
King's College London, November 6-8, 2008
TEI training at CESR in Tours
The BVH (Bibliothèques Virtuelles Humanistes) Project Initiation to digital heritage encoding XML/TEI session - October 6-7, 2008 - Initiation 2 Purpose This two-day session offers a second level initiation to TEI encoding, with a specific application to Early Modern documents (encoded texts and image display). Priority is given to students of master level, but the session is open to other volunteers. Examples will be taken mainly among printed digital heritage documents.
With the participation of Lou Burnard.
Previous training: basic tagging, notions of TEI-P5 (www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/), reading of the TEI-Renaissance Manual (www.bvh.univ-tours.fr)- not yet in English.
Location: CESR, computing room 59, rue Néricault-Destouches 37000 Tours - France
Organisation : Pr Marie-Luce Demonet (responsible), Dr Toshinori Uetani, CESR Information and registration (maximum 20 persons) +33 2 47 36 77 86 : email@example.com; Lunch (6, 7 on reservation) : 12 euros (students 6 euros) Registration fee : students, scholars, employees of the University François-Rabelais, CNRS : free Non University François-Rabelais: 25 euros/ day.
Digitale Editionen: Methodische und technische Grundfertigkeiten
Summer School: Köln, September 1-5, 2008
Oulu, Finland, June 25-28, 2008
TEI-based panels/papers include:
- TEI Panel, 9.00-10.30 Friday June 27th
- Zanasi, Silvi, Pizziconi, Musolino, Clinical applications of computer-assisted textual applications, a TEI dream? 11.00 Friday June 27th
- Cummings, ENRICHing Manuscript Descriptions with TEI P5, 11.30 Friday June 27th
- Schlitz, The TEI as luminol: forensic philology in a digital age 16.30 Friday June 27th
- Ramsay, Zillig, Text analytics: a TEI format for cross-collection text analysis, 17.00 Friday June 27th
- Cummings, Converting St Paul: A new TEI P5 edition of The Conversion of St Paul using stand-off linking, 10.00 Saturday June 28th
- Eide, Ore, TEI and cultural heritage ontologies, 14.30 Saturday 28th June
EpiDoc summer school
King's College London, July 14-18, 2008
TEI summer school, OUCS, Oxford
- XML, TEI, and beyond: July 21st-23rd 2008
This three-day course combines in-depth coverage of the latest version of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) Recommendations for the encoding of digital text with hands-on practical exercises in their application. If you are a project manager, research assistant, or encoder working on any kind of project concerned with the creation or management of large amounts of digital text, this course is for you.
- XML processing using XSLT: July 24th-25th 2008
This is a two-day technical course is a practical guide to the use of XSLT to do more than simply render your XML documents. Aimed at project research assistants, encoders, and programmers, it provides in-depth coverage of the principles and practice of the W3C's extensible Stylesheet language, focussing on its use as a general purpose text manipulation and processing language.
Interested? Please register as soon as possible, as places are limited. The two workshops are independent of each other, but we're pleased to announce a 20% discount is available if you register for both.
For further information and booking, please visit http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/rts/events/
TEI MM 21
- TEI Members' Meeting: TEI@20 -- 20 Years of Supporting the Digital Humanities
- See the MS SIG Agenda 2008